Friday, June 20, 2008

Bling your Breastfeeding


I nursed for about eight weeks. They were the roughest eight weeks of this baby experience. My hat is off to the women who can make it work longer than I did. Unfortunately, it did not work out well for me for many reasons... 
But if I had nursed longer, I would have bought one of these cool necklaces for breastfeeding moms from Baby Friendly Beads. Designed to withstand the toll babies take on our jewelry as they learn to tug and pull, these necklaces are also pretty cute. The designs are versatile enough to wear with a multitude of outfits. 
Another cool idea are the reminder bracelet. As you nurse, you switch the bracelet to the side you last fed from so there's no guessing next time baby cries for mommy which side needs to be emptied first. The beads are strung on memory wire - no clasps to mess with; your arms are full enough!
Necklaces start at $12 and reminder bracelets at $16. 

No comments: