Thursday, June 5, 2008

Raga Mama



Sometimes a simple toy is all a baby needs. Let me rephrase: simple and stylish. Parents can easily get wrapped up in the bells and whistles of toys available in today's busy marketplace (I'm guilty as charged!), they forget that a ball does the trick to pass a few minutes of a baby's day. 
Enter Little Poppy Shop, a new adorable shop on Etsy that sells super stylish rag balls. Ever since the sample came in the mail, my daughter hasn't stopped playing with it. Hand sewn with beautifully patterned fabrics (not too matchy-matchy making it uber hip), it is filled with soft cotton and has a bell in the center for a rattle effect. The balls are bigger than they look in the pictures. I'd say one is about as big as my one-year-old's head.

The ball's packaging is as nice as the product itself; it comes wrapped in netting tied with a complimentary bow. I can't wait to give this as gifts for upcoming baby showers! Product retails for $12. 

No comments: