Tuesday, October 21, 2008

LivvySue Boutique

So, it all started because I needed bibs with better coverage for Olivia and was feeling guilty for using safety-pinned Ikea towels. My mom and I went to the fabric store and picked out some cute prints, and started brainstorming different ways we could make the bibs. One thing led to another, and we decided to open an Etsy store with sewn items made by us - three generations of girls, me, my mom, and my daughter (our model). LivvySue Boutique was born.

Ironically, we still have not made a bib. We got excited about trying some other things - outfits, mostly, and hair pretties. My expensive taste got us deep into designer fabrics like those by Alexander Henry and Amy Butler that don't come cheap but make darling garments. 

Our core item is a pant and tee set. The pants have a wide cuff and an elastic waist with a decorative button, while the tees - both long and short sleeved - feature an applique of a variety of sizes, shapes and placement.

More items and designs to come. It's been a fun process - just waiting for our first sale! 


No comments: