Monday, September 8, 2008

Seeing the Forest for the Trees




Just in time for the first of September, a couple trees in my neighborhood began to shed brown, crunchy leaves. Olivia is learning to step on them for the joy of the sound it makes. It puts me in the mood to go for a walk in the woods... almost. But then I remember I hate nature. Nature has bugs... and snakes... ew... City girl through-and-through.

Okay, so even if I'm not venturing into a forest, I can bring the forest to me. Craftsbury Kids, a popular online children's boutique, introduced a Woodland Creature collection that includes toys, shoes, clothes, jewelry, art, and more. Each item is has an old-time feel with modern sensibilities. This Afternoon Tea Jacket is prim and tailored, perfect for my girlie-girl. My four-year-old niece would love this heart-shaped Fawn with Tree Pendent. And I have a thing for this Matryoshka Doll - plus it's only 10 bucks!

Not everything in this collection is as affordable. In fact, I think some of the items are WAY overpriced for what they are. Nine dollars for one hair clip? Really? Olivia loses one a week. At that rate, I would be broke! But overall, the fall-inspired products are cozy and would make a sweet treat for you or a friend as we segue into autumn. 

No comments: