Thursday, May 8, 2008

Caring for dePendents


My first Mothers Day is Sunday. I've been dropping hints on what my husband should buy me for pushing out his six-pound daughter, suffering hemorrhoids that caused me to take sits baths for weeks, and nursing (ahem) stitches - seriously, what is that kind of love worth? - and I have just one more to add to my wish list. Unlike the iPhone, perfume, and diamonds on my request list, a Hip Modern Mama pendent costs less than a jumbo pack of diapers. 

These kitch pendents by VM Designs - founded by a cool midwest mom from Indiana - are lovely whimsical decoupage designs on wooden Scrabble-sized squares finished off with a non-toxic seal. Designs are fashion forward in juicy palettes. Silver chains are sold separately.
VM Designs also offers a line of Tween Scene jewelry that would be perfect for the young lady in your life. Looking for a stand-out graduation gift? How about a Personalized Eco-Garden pendent?
But back to moms, cause it's all about us this week. If you don't get a Hip Modern Mom pendent on your breakfast-in-bed trey Mothers Day morning, order one for your self. They're only $9. Surly a year's worth of motherly love is worth that. 

1 comment:

AudreyO said...

Hope you had a wonderful mother's day!! Did you get what you wanted? I found you through the MommyFest. I'm Audrey, mom to two girls.