Friday, May 9, 2008

Lying Awake


I love stumbling across music gems, which is exactly what happened when I heard Ellery one evening last spring as they were the opening act at a concert. From the first heart-felt note, I was hooked. Their fresh sound is an engaging blend of folk and pop with insightful lyrics that reach out grab the listener. 

If you've been married or in a significant relationship, there's something for you in Ellery's music. "It's Alright" - the last track on Lying Awake -  is the most poignantly written song I've ever heard - not to mention the incredible arrangement:
What ever ship comes, by dark sea or grey cloud
As long as the well's deep, we'll make it somehow

A husband and wife team, Justin and Tasha Golden are midwest bred and northern Kentucky based. Their debut album, Lying Awake, is a family favorite. It's wholesome, appropriate for all ages. My daughter "sings" along with Tasha on the way to day care many mornings - as a mom, it's hard to say who has a sweeter voice. Tasha and Justin have been making music together for seven years - once you're hooked like I, you'll hope they never stop!

Watch for Ellery coming in concert to a venue near you. Hear samples of their music and order CDs here

Congrats Sue N. who scored Ellery's debut album.

2 comments:

MiLeT said...

bloghop from mommyfest.

if you have time visit me @ momiespace.com

Jenny said...

just saying hi from the mommyfest.

take a peek at me at my site: thesocalledme.net